Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NOTD: OPI I Knead Sour-Dough- and some news!

Hi guys, I'm showing off OPI I Knead Sour-Dough today, a polish that was underwhelming the first couple of times I wore it, but quickly earned a special place in my heart. Let me explain.

First, my complaints. You may notice in some of the pictures this gorgeous rose gold shimmer that flashes in the bottle at some angles- this is not visible on the nail. My second complaint is that it chips like crazy. I'm lucky if I get a full day with no tip wear. You'll notice that in the pictures, too; I took photos the morning after I painted my nails and I already have a couple of small chips.

Now, the neutral points: the color itself is beautiful, just lacking that nice shimmer I noticed in the bottle. I Knead Sour-Dough today is a slightly frosted muted burgundy. In low light it takes on a brown tone, and in bright light it looks a bit rosier. It's a chameleon, so I've shown you in shade, in indirect light, and then in direct light. The formula is really nice, it's easy to put on the nail; I like OPI's formula and brush, their colors just chip on me very quickly, with this being an especially bad culprit.

In Shadow

Brighter light...

In direct light


Finally, the reason this nail color has become extremely special to me; it was the color I happened to be wearing when I got engaged!

John proposed with my mother's ring, which is still soldered to her band. It is incredibly special to me to have her ring, and it was really neat knowing I got engaged with the same ring she did.


But he also gave me his great aunt's ring from about 1930 that I have been wearing more often; it sits lower and doesn't have prongs, so even though I'm a klutz I haven't been banging it on anything.


So there you have it! That's my big news, and I was also able to show off I Knead Sour-Dough to my nearest and dearest. It's a beautiful nail color, but I can only plan on wearing it for a day or two until it begins chipping.

To those of you who are engaged, do you remember what you had on your nails when you got engaged? Do you wear it for special occasions?

6 comments:

  1. Aww, congrats! That's so so exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! I couldn't think of what my nails looked like for the life of me when I got engaged but I took a look at the pictures and it was OPI Black Onyx.....how romantic lol! (and my nails were so chipped!! ARGH!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That sounds nice and classic, and who cares if your nails are chipped!? I keep reading about people who'd keep their nails perfect if they thought they might be proposed to... Uh, I don't have that kind of time. I just got lucky that I'd done my nails the morning of so my pictures aren't totally wonky.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)