Thursday, December 20, 2012

NOTD: Love & Beauty in Mauve

It's been awhile since I've shown you guys a nail polish from Forever 21's beauty line, Love & Beauty. I always take a look at the nail polish selection when I'm in a Forever 21; the colors are only $2.80, the formula is of decent quality, and they sometimes have really unusual, very pretty shades!

I picked up Mauve fairly recently, and it's a really pretty warm greyed berry-plum color with loads of pink and gold shimmer and flashes of ice blue shimmer throughout. The formula was just fine; I have no problems with application, and I get a few days of good wear out of it, which is average for me. I think it's really comparable to some of the better drugstore nail polishes out there. The brush is on the small side, but is definitely usable.



Summary: This color isn't spectacularly unique, but I think the shimmer really sets it apart from similar shades in my collection. I've worn it a few times since purchasing it, and I find myself reaching for this bottle more than I would have expected; it's a versatile shade that looks really put together but is still interesting, and it's perfect for the colder weather!

10 comments:

  1. The shimmer in this is gorgeous. I wish it transferred alot better. But whatevssss. And its definitly perfect for the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like most shimmers in cream formulas don't translate that well... But I have an arsenal of shimmery top coats to remedy that! ;)

      Delete
  2. Looks pretty! Reminds me of OPI's Wooden Shoe Like to Know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you're right, I think they are similar.

      Delete
  3. Oh I like this! Just my kind of shade but with a twist...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these types of grey-toned polishes! They're such a modern, chic, way to wear a neutral nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! I fell for these types of colors pretty hard.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)