Wednesday, December 12, 2012

LOTD: Sparkly red lip

Hi guys! Thanks for being patient with me, it looks like I got the Picasa fluke fixed. It certainly took long enough! I have a few fun posts planned, so hopefully it was worth the wait.

As for this post's featured look, I wanted to play around with a few new and new-ish things that I hadn't had a time to really get to know. I used some new eyeshadows from The Body Shop, and boy, I have to say... they are creamy and beautiful! It's not my go-to makeup brand, but I think there are definitely some hidden gems. Some of the eyeshadows I swatched in the store had a drier consistency, but I picked up some of the creamier, more densely pigmented shades. In addition to that, I used a new MAC blush, Small Vanity, and two lip products I have swatched for you but haven't had a chance to wear yet. Take a look!


Eyes: MUFE Aqua Cream in 13 as a base,The Body Shop 07, 32, and 41, MAC Fluidline eyeliner in Catch My Eye

Lips: NYC lipstick in 309 Sheer Red, Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in All That Glitters

Cheeks: MAC Small Vanity


I'm also wearing my usual "basics"; foundation, powder, mascara, and brow gel.


Full face, natural light

Natural light

Natural light

Indoor light

Lips in indoor light

I'm glad to be able to blog again! I know I wasn't gone for too terribly long, but I had so many things I wanted to share with you all! I am still not sure what happened with my pictures not being able to be loaded, but in case any of you have had the same issue, the problem was not that I had reached my photo limit and needed to pay for extra storage space; it was just a glitch in the system that worked itself out. The error message I was getting on this end was that I was out of storage space, but when I went into my Picasa account, it showed I still had plenty left.

So what do you guys think of these products? Have any of you picked up the same items? I'm still figuring out how to make Small Vanity work with my coloring; I purchased it because it looked like it might be the  same color my cheeks get when they flush naturally. While it is very close, I am starting to wonder if that's a good thing; sometimes when I use it I just look really ruddy, and I have to be very careful about the placement so it looks intentional!



6 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! And I was going to say how natural the blush looks, ha ha! I always try and steer away from anything with red or certain pinks in it cheek-wise as I get kind of horrible flushes sometimes, but I think I'll have to brave it out as it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how funny! I like the blush very much, it is a really nice natural shade, but I think I still need to play around with it some more to make sure that my placement is really spot-on with it. It's a lovely color though!

      Delete
  2. OH CRAP! I hope that I didn't pay for extra storage for nothing then....

    I have never tried any eyeshadows from The Body Shop before, they look really nice! I adore Small Vanity, it looks gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, hopefully not! Go check your Picasa profile and see if you are using up all of your storage or not. Cancel that paid subscription if you don't need the extra space yet!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)