Monday, June 11, 2012

FOTD: Dusty Mauve

Hi Guys! Sorry for not posting more regularly... In other news, I'm making good progress on projects around the house and schoolwork! I managed to take a few quick pictures of a recent face of the day; I've been in a bit of a neutral rut, but I think this turned out really pretty! I used cooler neutrals, moving away from my usual bronze, gold and coral, and using grey, taupe, and purple instead. I guess that's a bit of a change, right?

Here's the finished result:



And here's what I used:


Face: Clinique Redness Solutions Base (not pictured), NARS concealer, Revlon Color Stay foundation, The Body Shop All In One Face Base, The Body Shop Bronzer in 1, Hard Candy Baked Blush in Pin Up, NYX blush in Taupe, NARS blush in Sin.

Eyes: MUFE Aqua Cream in 2 (from lashline to crease), MUFE Aqua Cream in 13 (blended from crease to eyebrows and into inner corner), Inglot eyeshadow in 363 (dusty mauve-plum) on lid, Pistol (on outer edge of lid), Verve (to highlight inner corner and under brow bone), Busted (on lower lash line), Tease (blended in crease) and Snakebite (blended in center of crease) from Naked 2 palette, Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara with Stila Major Lash on top, Prestige brow pencil, and Ulta Brow gel.

Lips: Avon nude mineral lip gloss with MAC lip glass in Richly Revered mixed in on top.


Cheeks!

Eyes open...

Eyes kinda sorta closed... 


Lips

Once again, sorry I haven't been posting more regularly, I promise I haven't forgotten you guys! I think I am beginning to realize how much I was using the blog to procrastinate on other projects... Do you guys find yourselves doing that? It's a way for me to do something fun, but still feel productive.

You also may have noticed my hair color looks fresher! I don't know if you guys are interested in posts about my bungling adventures through coloring my own hair, but I'm planning a post on that at some point in the future. Not as detailed as the last hair color post, though!

14 comments:

  1. Hurray for being productive! Your looks are always so classically soft, pretty, and feminine. The eyeshadows are a bit difficult to see in the picture, perhaps because of the lighting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't productivity feel nice? And I know, I have horrible light in my house... I have been trying to figure out a way to get more light into the areas where I do makeup, but I haven't figured out how to get that going yet... the bathroom doesn't have enough counter or floor space for another lamp, and the lighting fixtures aren't particularly bright; I've already put a bunch of lamps around my vanity in the spare bedroom, but it's not that bright in there, either! One of the problems is that my house only gets natural light on 2 sides because there are only a couple of inches between it and the houses to either side of it.... I'm open to suggestions, if someone knows of any good ways to get lots of light into a space without taking up much space! It's driving me crazy.

      Delete
  2. Lovely FOTD!
    I really like the lips, they're perfect for spring in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love mixing deeper colors with a pale shade to get something that looks more seasonal.

      Delete
  3. I really like the lips! And your hair *is* looking lovely and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I'm rather pleased with the way my hair turned out this time!

      Delete
  4. Really pretty fotd. Cooler neutrals are definitely your thing. . Sin looks sooo pretty on you. Curious about your new richer hair color. Looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sin is one of my favorite blushes, it's a go-to for cooler looks... I'd cry if I thought they were going to discontinue it! Hopefully that never happens.

      Delete
  5. Lovely look! I am catching up on other people's blogs to procrastinate right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really fun way to procrastinate!

      Delete
  6. My goodness! Your hair!!!!<33333 Sooooo pretty Sarah! :)

    Of course this look is lovely too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)