Monday, March 12, 2012

Old FOTD: Bronzed Plum!

Hi Guys!

I know I've mentioned here before that I am getting behind on my posts, but I'll say it again... I'm getting behind on my posts! I am finding a lot of Face of the Day posts from long enough ago that I don't really remember accurately where I placed everything I used in it. And I'll be honest: the real reason I take pictures of everything I used is so that it will jog my memory! Otherwise I'd be sitting here telling you "I used some purple (maybe this one or this one or that one or any and all combinations thereof....)", and that would never do. At any rate, I'll be posting a couple of looks with less-than-stellar descriptions in the coming week or two as I try to work through some of my older folders. Does this happen to you guys? I feel like if I wait more than three or four days between when I did a look and posting it, I can't for the life of me remember where I put what, unless it's really simple or really obvious.

Oh yeah; this was also the day or two before I started pinning my bangs back, so they are loooong and OUT OF CONTROL. Don't say I didn't warn you...

What's all that there? Hanging over my forehead? 
 I don't really know what inspired this look... All I can tell you is that I remember wanting to do something a little bit darker on the eye than usual, but still keep it "daytime/casual," and it ended up getting much softer than I had in mind after I blended it out, although I did quite like the result. Do you guys ever feel really over-dressed in makeup? Lately, if I even leave the house, it's just to run to the grocery store and I feel ridiculous if I do very dramatic makeup. I guess I shouldn't care too much. I need more of a nightlife so I'll have an excuse to do more dramatic looks. Sometimes I feel like I've forgotten how! This time last year I was all about the smoky eyes. Maybe I'm just feeling a bit uninspired when it comes to experimenting with makeup; I guess we all go through phases of wanting to focus on different looks, and lately my phase has been softer daytime looks, but I think I'm beginning to break out of that! I have been gravitating towards different colors; maybe the next evolution will be Drama. Oh well, sorry for the rant... On to more pictures!

Here are the products I used. Because I don't remember where I used each product, I'm just going to list them in their given category. If you're curious about anything, though, let me know, and if I remember I'll give you as much information as I can!


 Face: Almay Primer, Hard Candy Glamoflage, Make Up Forever Face & Body Makeup, NARS Luminizer in Orgasm, Tarte Smooth Operator Loose Powder,  Benefit Hoola, Wet n Wild Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana, Boots Botanics Blush in Chicory, MAC blush in Sakura

Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base, Korres Eyeshadow in Plum, Wet n Wild eyeshadow single in Brulee, Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette (only used the top left pale gold shade), Revlon Eyeshadow in Vintage Lace, Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten, Inglot 344, 363, and 402, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Delinquent, Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Baked, Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Rockstar, Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara, Prestige Eyebrow Pencil, Anastacia Brow Gel in Caramel.

Lips: EOS Lip Balm in Lemon Drop, Wet n Wild lipstick in Black Orchid, Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in in Decadent.

Cheeks! 
 Gratuitous Eye Closeups:





Lips! 

Slowly but surely, I am getting through all of my old photographs. This one is only about 3 weeks old... Hopefully I don't get more behind than this!

And I know I don't say it on each and every post, but the sentiment is always there; thank you so much for reading and commenting, guys! I love interacting with each and every one of you, and it means a lot to me that you take the time to stop by and check out what I'm doing.

5 comments:

  1. I love the lips especially on you! All of this is gorgeous, though. I really need to try Inglot eyeshadows as I've heard they are just amazing.
    And no worries on the look being from awhile ago- I do the same thing if I go without posting something a few days after taking pictures. At least you're good enough to still blog about it! Sometimes I forget entirely, lol!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, you should try Inglot shadows, the color selection is immense and I love the texture. And I have forgotten to post looks... I am trying to avoid doing that!

      Delete
  2. Love the lips! Great look on you! Yes, I tend to forget what I used if I'm posting a look from a while back. And I'm bad about taking pics of the products I use :( And depending on what I'm doing, sometimes I feel "overdressed" with the makeup I have on. But I still will wear it and not care what others think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I care what other people think, so much as I've just become accustomed to toning things down in the first place... So sad! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who forgets what products were used!

      Delete
  3. I love Black Orchid lipstick and I really love the shiny eyeliners on your upper and lower lashlines! They look just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)