Monday, January 9, 2012

NOTD: Wet n Wild Megalast in Haze of Love

Hi everyone! I'm just typing up a quick post to show you a nail of the day. I wanted a quick manicure last week and remembered about Haze of Love, a Wet n Wild Megalast color that I picked up for 50% off during CVS' clearance sale. I'd never used this formula before, but it was pretty basic. I didn't have any issues with it, but there was nothing about it that was outstanding, either. The brush was a bit wider than I expected, especially given the fact that this was such a small bottle of nail polish! These are regularly priced at $1.99 and have .3 ounces of polish in each bottle.

Haze of Love is a cream finish reddened berry color with some definite purple tones in it, and it wore about average on me; I got a couple of days of nice chip-free color, and then chips started appearing before all hell broke loose. This is normal for me and my weak nails that find a way to peel or snag on anything they can, especially since I use my nails as tools to peel labels off of things, scrape off price stickers, etc...

Wet n Wild Haze of Love

Haze of Love



The brush!

Haze of Love in direct, bright light

I really like this shade, I'm happy I was able to get it on sale! It's a nice, less-vampy version of my go-to burgundies, but isn't a traditional "bright" berry color, either. My only real complaint is the short, wide cap; it makes it a bit awkward to paint nails with the brush, but it's not a huge deal.

And, because I am a dork, here is a kitty picture! LJ has been getting a lot of attention here; I felt like Finnegan (the pale orange tabby) and Miranda (the fluffy black-haired cat) were long overdue for their 15 minutes of fame. They like to snuggle, and it is so cute! I adopted them together as kittens, so they are very comfortable with one another. LJ was my boyfriend's lone cat, and so there has been some tension as we try to integrate our cat-family.

Finnegan and Miranda, snuggle-buddies
Haha, thank you for humoring me and putting up with the occasional cat picture!

3 comments:

  1. Great color! I hear you about the short caps/brushes on these WnW polishes. But if you are getting it on sale, can't complain too much! Very cute kitties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tooooo cute!!! I love a cream tabby, what a pretty coat he has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! He is a mama's boy, he loves to snuggle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)