Sunday, July 31, 2011

LOTD: Pewter and Violet

Hello!

Sorry in advance for the brevity and lack of detail of this post. I was about to run out the door and my camera was almost out of batteries (so it refused to focus for most of my pictures, grr!), but I really, really liked my makeup, and wanted to share it anyway! So here you are.

I used:

Face: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation with L'Oreal Infallible foundation over my nose and under my eyes to help neutralize redness. Sally Hansen Natural Beauty cream blush in Rose on cheekbones, L'Oreal Infallible pressed powder to set, and NARS blush in Sin on the apples of my cheeks.

Eyes: Benefit Cream Eyeshadow in R.S.V.P. as a base with Bare Minerals' 1990's over the lid, Toasted from the Naked Palette on lid, Hustle and Gunmetal from the Naked Palette in the outer corner and into crease, Fuchsia shade (2nd down, third from right in the photo) from E.L.F.palette winged up from outer corner of crease, NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Goddess to highlight under brow and inner corner, CK by Calvin Klein liquid eyeliner pen in Electric Black on outer 1/3 of upper lash line (winged subtly), U.D. 24/7 eyeliner in Baked on lower lashline and inner 2/3 of top lashline. Clinique High Impact Mascara in Brightening Black and Anastasia Brow Gel in Caramel on brows.

Lips: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Burgundy Lustre and Nyx Round Lipstick in Darling to highlight (on cupid's bow and on the fullest part of the lower lip).

The products used!

The entire look, no flash

Eyes, no flash. Sorry for the blur!

Face, with flash!

Eye with flash; sorry again for the blurriness! But you can get an idea of the shine some of these colors have. Mmm! 

Apologies for the lack of photos, but I like the contrast between plums and gunmetal with the pop of gold and fuchsia. I am going to have to play around with this combination more often!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look, I really love this! I also enjoy your use of two different lipsticks....great attention to detail! Also, yay for taking pictures of all of the stuff you used! I love seeing a bunch of products and then seeing how they all come together. Also, if I am not familiar with a brand, it gives me something to visualize and find out more about if I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vulcan! I used to use more than one lip product a lot more frequently and play around with crazy looks, but I got sick of how ooky they sometimes look as they wear off, and I never re-apply that way when I'm out! The most I usually do now is a lipstick with a different gloss :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing what you have to say and interacting with you guys! That being said, please don't leave irrelevant links in your comments, I will not approve them. We can still click on your name to visit your blog :)